Tanna returned later that year and visited the area we would later call our Haiti community. While helping at a small orphanage and taking several more trips to get to know the community it became apparent that another orphanage was not the answer to a lasting impact on the community.
In 2013, God led us to Pastor Luckner and his wife that dreamt of starting a school in the community we had formed a relationship with. After all the orphanages and all the brokenness we’ve seen we started asking:
- What if we could break the cycle of poverty for a few hundred children in Haiti, or a few thousand?
- What if we could provide enough nutrition for these children to not only stay in school but also thrive?
- What if we could build up our student’s families so they are strong enough to help others in need?
- What if we could keep children out of orphanages?
- What if we could raise up future leaders of the community?
What if a little school in Haiti could cause ripples throughout a community while spreading hope far beyond its walls. We have big dreams and plans for our students and their families!
Grace and Glory is taking a stand against poverty through education, nutrition and leadership development. We strive to show God’s love while providing hope to those in need.
TEACH. FEED. LEAD.
Kesnel "Paul" Toussaint
— 1 Peter 5:10
Lebanon, TN 37087